Wednesday 8 June 2011

My view on the Henderson saga

David N'Gog - Wearside Bound
Whilst I'm a big admirer of Hendo, I think, possibly, this move may work out well for all parties concerned. Liverpool have got a gem on their hands, Henderson will have a better chance with England and silverware, and Sunderland? Well we've got a fair bit of money to play with from the deal, and a striker. A striker that has split our fans down the middle. Yes, I'm talking about David N'Gog. I dare say that neither of us have seen the lad play enough to make an accurate judgement on his ability, similarly to those Liverpool fans who have already decided Henderson isn't worth £20m. Let's be honest, N'Gog isn't going to be the big name striker we're after, and he isn't the answer, however he is a striker, we need at least three in my opinion and I'm more than happy for him to be one of those. The amount of people that have written the lad off before he's even kicked a ball for us, in fact, before he's even had a medical with us, is quite ridiculous. How many people discarded Titus Bramble as a poor signing and a poor player? I did, as did many others, oh how he proved us all wrong. I was also sceptical about bringing Welbeck to Wearside, and a few others were too after his failed spell at Preston. Again though, he turned out to be a brilliant signing, so much so that Ferguson has him in his first team plans for next season. I'm probably rabbiting on a bit now, but my point is that every player that pulls on the red and white shirt deserves the full backing of the fans (Unless it's Daryl Murphy) and at least the chance to prove he's worthy of the shirt.

As for Henderson, I wish him the best of luck. He deserves this big move on the back of his outstanding performances the last two seasons, it's just a shame that his ambition has outgrown Sunderland's position. It was always going to happen, though. At least he didn't do the dirty on the club like other players that we've sold for £20m+, he's been a true professional throughout the deal and I respect him for that. Thanks for your contributions to our Premier League establishment, good luck for the rest of your career.

Never forget your roots, Jordan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment